I don't know what it is? Is it our psychology or is it basic human greed to
always find grass on the other side of the court greener. When I was in ITME, I
wanted to grow up sooner and get out of college. And this was particularly
worse in the last two semesters where I was just waiting for June 2010
and I wouldn't have to go to college any more (It's mid of March 2012, and I
still have to go to college for my M.Tech). And now, after almost 8 months of
having starting to work, I envy the college kids with their pink BB phones.
Those, indeed, are lovely days. A time when life is a wonderfully well paid
vacation. Never knew growing up could suck so much!
When we were in school, I had
friends whose head count ran in two digit numbers. After school got over, that
number diminished, yet the two digit figure somehow sustained itself by random
college friends, classes friends, friends of friends, friends of friends'
girlfriends and so on. With the advent of Orkut and Facebook, the two digit
number went to a good three digit number. I have some 300 odd friends on
Facebook and I haven't spoken to 260 odd of them in years! And I don't see
myself speaking to them in the future too. And these were all 'good'
friends of mine at some point. Yes, I am very selective about whom I add!! You
read my Wanna Make A Friendship! And
I don't know why I don't talk to them anymore. What has happened that most of
them have stopped resonating with me.
I am known to have a lot of
bestfriends. Right now, I have 10 of them. They were 18 until two years back.
And even of the 10 BFs I have today, I see 2 of them slowly slipping away.
Other 2 of these 10 are girls, so at some point either I will move apart from
their lives or they'll move apart depending on who gets married first! So, I'll
be left with only 6 then. So, in sum, out of 300, I'll be down to 6 friends!!
And that's a scary picture to envisage! Sometimes, the only reason why you want
to stop time is to maintain the status quo you have with your friends and
preserve it in time.
Like a typical teenager, I never
listened to my Mom. And she told me, that this would happen, that one day
everyone will get busy with their own lives and you'll be left to deal with
yours on your own, and I refuted her claims by saying that I'll always have
people. And I feel like going and telling my Mom how right she had always been.
I know people grow up, they start working, get in and out of relationships!
But, there are some people without whom you just can't do and life is at its
best when the people for whom you feel so, also feel the same for you and
actually go out of their way to keep you a part of their lives. I'm glad, that
I have 6 such friends. I hope I have these 6 for as long as I can. Who wants a
girlfriend, when you have a few friends who take so many pains to just talk to
you!
P.S 1 : I still wouldn't mind a
girlfriend. Any rich, single, pretty, educated girl reading this, please feel
free to contact me!
P.S 2 : Posting for the first
time from someone laptop and yeah it feels great!
P.S. 3: This post is dedicated to
my band members of UDUMBHOOM.
P.S. 4: Again, for the first
time, I'm posting something that I've not read again, not proof read, not
checked for spelling/grammar errors. I've written whatever my fingers typed.
And I don't care of its shitty. After a real long time, I don't care about what
people have to say about me or about what I write!
P.S 5: I'm not drunk! This post
is just an after effect of being sick of calling up many numbers to 'Waiting
Active'!
Loved it :)
ReplyDeleteSimply putting love in ur words. Keep it up.
ReplyDeleteDeep da eta kintu thik noy. Tomar ebhabe lekha thik hoy ni. We are always wth u. Nvr b upset.
ReplyDelete@Pallo: love me rather thn my posts.
ReplyDelete@Gargi: So sweet of u honey! LOL!
ReplyDelete@TAM: Samoy pele thik e likhbo bhai. Very busy schedule. Tai sobai ke niye likhte parchi na.
ReplyDeleteTumi likhe jao. Amra achi. love u dada. U live u rock.
ReplyDelete"""""I'm not drunk! This post is just an after effect of being sick of calling up many numbers to 'Waiting Active'!"""""
ReplyDeleteHa Ha Ha
Nice 1
ReplyDeleteNice 1
ReplyDeleteYaar I can actually see myself in your blog. As in whatever u have written, am going through d same!!
ReplyDeleteJust waiting for life to bring something happening!!! Now it seems that college life was so much better!!!!
Love your blog, check mine and we can follow each other if you like :)
ReplyDeleteLove your blog, check mine and we can follow each other if you like :)
ReplyDeleteNow anyone tell me who will marry this idiot lovely bugger friend.
ReplyDelete